Top Chrome extensions to boost your productivity at work
If there’s one thing we could all do with it’s an easier life. Who doesn’t want to be more productive with less effort? Luckily, Chrome extensions for productivity exist, and they’re super easy to install on your Google Chrome browser.
It might seem minor, but the right extension could cut minutes or even hours of effort from tasks per week, and over time, those time and energy savings add up.
In that spirit, here are some of the best Chrome extensions for increasing productivity and efficiency at work.
- folkX: folk’s Chrome extension lets you add a contact from any page on the web instantly into your folk CRM. No copy-paste needed, just contacts imported straight into the group of your choice with a click. When you have folkX open it automatically detects contact profiles on the page, and lets you add them. If they are already a contact in folk, it will bring up the profile, that you can edit and even enrich directly in Chrome, no need to open folk in a separate tab.
- RescueTime: this extension helps you to understand your digital habits, and then use that information to improve your productivity. It tracks the amount of time you spend on different websites and applications and then generates reports that you can use to identify areas where you might be wasting time. With RescueTime, you can set goals, create alerts, and even block certain websites if you find yourself spending too much time on them.
- Todoist: a popular task management tool that helps you to stay on top of your to-do list. The Chrome extension allows you to easily add new tasks and check them off as you complete them, all from within your browser. It also has features like labels, reminders, and the ability to assign tasks to other people, which is helpful for remote teams or delegating work.
- Grammarly: the classic writing-enhancement tool that helps you to improve the quality of your writing. In an ever more remote work world, the power of the written word only becomes more prevalent. The Chrome extension checks your grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style as you type, and suggests corrections if it finds any errors.
- StayFocusd: stay focused with this productivity extension that blocks your most distracting websites. With StayFocusd, you can set a daily time limit for each of the websites you want to block, and then when your time is up, the website will be blocked for the rest of the day. This is a great tool for people who are easily distracted by social media or other non-work-related websites.
- Pocket: an extension that allows you to save articles, videos, and other types of content to read or watch later. You can quickly save any webpage you come across while browsing the web, to go back to and read later. No more losing half an hour in the middle of your work day due to an interesting article or video rabbit hole!